By the time December comes, I can hardly remember what those resolutions were in the first place, let alone have them implemented in my life.
So this New Year's, while I have many more 'resolutions' than on average, I'm determined to try my best to keep them.
First and foremost, I want to stop blogging so much.
Blogger - and indeed, graphic design as well - is nothing more than pixels on a screen, yet I spend hours each day online and on the computer. And at the end of each day, I look up and think, what has spending so much time on the laptop given me? What have I accomplished today? The answer - usually - amounts to absolutely nothing. Blogging only takes away from my real life and my relationship with my friends, my family, and, most importantly, God.I want to become stronger in my faith as a Catholic.
I want to read my Bible every day and listen to the sermon in church without having my thoughts wander to other subjects. I want this blog to glorify God, even if I lose a few followers along the way, because blogging is about being myself and expressing who I am without caring that somebody out there on a computer doesn't want to read this. I want to try out a new recipe each month.
I love to bake, but I'm usually too lazy to do so. When I'm not, I stick to the same-old, same-old recipes that I always use. This year, I want to make at least one new dessert each month that I've never made before, and try recipes from different cultures. I want to write more often.
Maybe I won't be able to do that every day, but I want to keep working on poems and short stories and have a final draft of my NaNoWriMo novel finished by the end of 2011 (and, of course, do NaNo '11 as well).I need to be content with myself and who I am.
Rather than wishing and praying I could be different, I want to be able to embrace myself as the person I am - even if I'm too skinny, even if I look too young for my age, even if I'm not that pretty. For the last few years, I've been praying that I won't be as skinny and look so young and be so (I'll be blunt here) flat. Now, I've begun to pray instead that I can love myself as who I am, as that skinny little kid who's really almost 14. I want to find time just enjoying the simple things life has to offer.
I want to be with my family and with my friends more often.
Read more often and take more photos (maybe even start a business to sell my photos).
Keep knitting, drawing, and papier-mache-ing (but do it more often).
I want to keep training Kusy and teach him to reliably obey the basic commands.
Study harder for school and keep up my good grades.
Give gifts generously, be grateful for even the smallest things, and love.








I totally get where you're going with this post. You could possibly try to live your life offline for a week, then come on Blogger on a Saturday or whenever you're the least busiest to come on Blogger. I thought about doing this. All I did today was online stuff when it was almost 70°F outside. I missed wonderful pictures today. Anyway if you're wondering this is Blue Jeans :)
ReplyDeleteOh and did you get my e-mail? I was having connection problems at the time and I don't know if it sent or not.
ReplyDeleteShadowtail: I did get your email, I just didn't have time to respond yet :)
ReplyDeleteOkay good. I can't part with Blue Jeans yet :) Hehe...
ReplyDeleteI really love what you have to say here. We'll miss your blogposts so I hope some of your writing still eeks out in blogpost form occasionally.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to be honest and say that I haven't made any new year's resolutions because they seem to be always empty promises. However, I usually try to focus my year around some sort of "theme." In the past years, it's been learning, love, and others. This year, I think my focus is surrender and trust. Sorry, I'm blathering...but your blogpost inspires response.
Thank you.
I think that you should to whatever makes you happy. Don't blog for other people... blog for yourself.
ReplyDeleteWhat you could do to make things easier is write down notes of things that have happened in the past week (or three or four) and then make a post about those things when you want to.
If you want to stop blogging all together, well, I would keep this blog private just in case you decide to come back.
I'll miss your posts, but I'd be happy for you if things go the way you want.
Well, I have to go work out now (new years resolutions have begun!) but I'll talk to you another time!
I need to do all those too, specially the not blogging.I spend so much time on the internet that it's making my parents feel horrible.It's pathetic!I will blog once a week, on Saturdays possibly?Good luck with your resolutions, I;m with ya!:)
ReplyDeleteThose are really fantastic resolutions! Happy New Year (sorry it took me so long lol)!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Kiki!
ReplyDeleteIf you have the time, please read the email I sent you. (Your sponsership of the MPoV contest.) Thanks!
Hugs and blessings,
Swirly Girl
Hey Kiki,
ReplyDeleteI just noticed that you are following my blog. I'm not sure when you started following me, but I wanted to thank you. I've been so busy with a new design that I haven't thought to check how many followers I have - sadly not many.