Saturday, January 8, 2011

the child at the redbox.

Lately I've been finding the adult American society way too childish for my liking.

Today, I found something that made it even more so.

I shall explain with the story of the child man at the Redbox.

My dad and I went to the Redbox at our local Walgreens to rent some movies today. As we drove up, and I was getting out, some other guy drove up as well. I got out and went to stand in line.

After I'd been standing there a good minute, waiting for the family in front of me to finish, that *$%@# man got out of his car, and went in front of me in line! Just cut me in line!

I'm sure I sound very childish with that last line, but that's about what he did. He acted like a little second grader - you know how standing in lines is so important to little kids.

I didn't say anything. I'm not sure why. Maybe I didn't know what to say. Maybe I just didn't want to sound childish and immature. Maybe I didn't want to... I don't know.

Now I'm regretting that I didn't say anything. That I just let him take advantage of me. Like it doesn't matter that just because I'm a teen, an adult can go and do that to me. People like that make me so mad!

And what's worse, right after my dad and I were done, the same sort of thing was repeated again. A man had been waiting in his car for us to finish, while some other guy drove up and jumped in front of him.

Had that man asked us if he could quickly rent something because he's in a hurry, sure, I'd have let him. Of course. I mean, while we were waiting for the child man to finish, a lady drove up and asked us if she could quickly just return her movie. We said yes.

It's people like that lady who restore my faith in humanity. Thank you, lady with long blond hair. You're amazing.

P.S: I've changed my Blogger username to my real name, Kinga. Also, my last post was very upset-sounding (thanks Brooke for letting me know) so I've decided to delete it. I was sort of frustrated at myself when I wrote it, I guess. So forget everything I said in that post, except that I got Photoshop CS5 Extended for Christmas :)

5 comments:

  1. Boy, I hate people like that! I remember a lot of times I wish I would have said or done something but I didn't.

    Well, maybe now that it's happened once, it'll be easier to stand up for yourself next time?

    Sometimes I wish I had another chance :( But hey, at least I know now! :D

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I'm with you there. Sometimes I think it's best to just avoid other people lol. Driving is the worst though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that lady was there to restore your faith in humanity. I bet she has no idea how much it meant to you for her just to ask - such a good reminder of how much of an impact our actions can have without us really giving them a second thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was about to comment on the other post, but when I read over it I thought I sounded quite rude...and not myself so I erased it. I have no idea why, but I just thought I sounded rude...ok so I should comment about this post now.
    -----------------------------------------
    I get so mad when people do this! Where I live, this especially happens on Black Friday. My aunts friend went to Wal-Mart on Black Friday and someone almost broke her back! It looks like since they're older they would be more respectful. It's almost hard to believe that teens are more respectful than some adults.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, that ticks me off!I never got the chance to read that post, congrats on photoshop!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home