Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Braces, day 2

I REALLY hate my braces! This morning I woke up and my whole entire mouth was achy, as one's mouth might be when many foreign objects have been thrust into it. My throat hurt, and my teeth hurt, and it could only get worse because next week I'm getting my expander put in. Swallowing is a nightmare because my tongue touches my bottom teeth which hurt really bad. Just chewing is an even bigger pain because of my bottom teeth hurting. And, eating in general is a pain because of the above and because after I eat I must wash my teeth, which makes me hungry all the time as I don't want to wash my teeth 20 times a day! And when I'm hungry, I'm cranky. (Like right now. ha ha ha...) And since I can't bite much, there's not much I can eat (also, there are foods I'm not allowed to eat...). I swear the second my braces are off in 2 years I will stuff a million things into my mouth and eat them like that. Five cherry tomatoes, a thick slice of banana nut bread, and a bowlful of my mom's sweet potatoes. Not all at once, of course. I don't want to mix the flavors... Really, it's only day 2 but I truly miss eating bread like normal and sticking my face into a huge slice of watermelon. I won't take any of that for granted any more..
Even writing ghost stories didn't help my mood. All I did was get stuck again. Here's an excerpt of the story I'm working on right now:
"The high-tech, cemented basement in the Miller's house was the last place you'd expect a ghost to live. Yet one very disturbed ghost and one rotting corpse called it home."
That's the first two sentences of the story. I haven't gotten too far after that.  However I am quite proud of a ghost story I wrote a month back called The Greenwich Grocer. Maybe I'll share it with you guys some time...
Only one thing could help my mood, getting a dog. But since it's raining again, that's not possible. I have a grudge against Tom Skilling at the moment (a weather forecaster in my area in case you don't know). He said that at twelve o'clock it will be nice and sunny, and every hour thereforth as well. All it takes to prove him wrong is one look out the window or to close your eyes and listen.

Maybe tomorrow will be sunnier, but it will still be just as cold(70 degrees! in August!). Thanks for reading.

0 musings:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home