Yesterday I went to the orthodontist to have my braces put on. First the lady took my spacers out, which I barely noticed. Then she slipped these rings onto the teeth where my spacers were. It took a while to find the right fit, so she had to pull a few off. I rather liked the sensation. Pop! Then, with the rings on she made a mold of my teeth. It took two tries, since hey! it feels weird so I moved my head and it got ruined. Then, it was time for my braces. While disgusting goo was put in my mouth for some reason or other, my mind wandered. I stared at relatively spider-shaped spots on the ceiling fan and even thought that, hey!, there are spiders! But then when I noticed that each fan had a spider-shaped dot in the same exact place I decided to abandon my train of thought. Next I meditated on how I look with those weird contraptions in my mouth, and how the braces look. But that made me more nervous, so I switched to musing about how to swallow without getting the left-over goo that the lady somehow missed while spitting water with her high-fangled contraption. That also wasn't working well for me, so next I decided to recite dog breeds. However my mind went blank at that exact moment and no more than 20 could be pulled out of the depths of my brain. So right after that I started to pray, which always calms me down and also helps me fall asleep if I toss and turn half the night. And I said Our Father, and then Hail Mary, and lo and behold, it was almost over! I just closed my eyes while they dried my teeth with some UV-looking light, and then I got my goody bag and went home. Ha ha, you're thinking. Goody bag? This girl is loony. While I must say I am eccentric and weird, it is true I got a goody-bag of sorts, complete with floss, special brushes(ooh! collapsible brush for school!) some other special brushes that look like the stuff you curl eyelashes with, and something to help me floss on my bottom teeth where I have a wire, a list of stuff I can't eat and other problems and such, coupons for something I might need, and how to brush my braces and teeth.
At home I tried to eat my noodles, but it was slow pickings and by the time my plate was empty my stomach was rumbling again. Repeat this three times, and you'll get my picture.
Thanks for reading.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 musings:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.