Happy Birthday!
As I glance out the window
I see the world passing me by.
What happened to those
happy golden days
when I was young?
Running through an open
meadow, carefree and
enjoying every last moment
in the sun shine?
With Ma and Pa
fussing over my
muddy boots
and eating fresh
cherry tomatoes-
straight off the vine!
I remember that
strawberry cake
for my tenth birthday...
the chocolate pudding
at age 5...
Yet now I glance out the window
and see my wrinkled face,
my graying whiskers and
the large spectacles covering
my faded blue eyes.
I sigh and sink back into
my dreams...








0 musings:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.