Saturday, October 10, 2009

Help?

I need your advice. Presently I have no time to write my novels, at ALL. Too much homework, etc. Does anyone have any advice about getting some more time to write?

7 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Hope you're well! I'm excited to meet a very young poet! I'm a teacher and understand the homework, and not having time for kidstuff! As a writer (again) I write everytime I'm on the computer. When I'm on the way to work (by bus), or sitting any place, I have my journal, and make notes to myself. When I used to write music (which is poetry), I used to carry around a tape recorder. Now they have all these wonderful digital recorders. They're very small, take triple a batteries, and sounds like something you could use! Thoughts, ideas, things you see interesting, you just take it out and there's a record of everything you want to write about! Then, just before bedtime, take out the recorder, and hook up your digirecorder by USB cord, and it will upload into your computer! (Be sure to buy the one that transfer by USB). Once you save it, whenever you want you can transcribe and turn it into your blogs, or that novel you want to write. Also, convince your parents to get those new small notebook computers. THey're less than 300$. If they can't do that now, don't fret! Just do what writing you can do at every opportunity!! (If I have things on my mind at the time, I even take my laptop or notebook into the bathroom with me, when I'm eating, etc.) So, work on that digi-recorder and find every bit of time you can to write (even if it's for five minutes.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. get creative with your time management: write during free time or study hall at school, in the car on the way to things, on the bus, before you go to bed (set aside maybe, 10-20 minutes to just write), etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. try to make a schedule of what you do and keep at least 20 minutes evry day to write. or before you go to bed write a little even if u are a bit tired, but dont stress over it too much, you also have weekends and that may work out for you! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm..... Well, I'm a writer so I can understand the whole 'too much homework' ordeal...... well, you could try to stay up real late and start to write.
    I think that's easier because then everything for school is done (well, most of the time....) and also then no one is there to drive you completely nutz. :D
    Hope that helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... I'm insanly busy too and I probably won't be much help, but I usually write after dinner and while my baby sister is napping. Otherwise I would never have the time!

    Hey, I'm about to do my 100th post and I would love to answer any random questions that you can think of! So, if you have any type of question to ask me, whether it be fun, serious, random or you are just curious and want to know, leave it in my comment box and I will do my best to answer them all.

    Thanks so much!

    Blessings,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm. that's tough. I'm writing two books right now and sometimes I have no time to write them. What I'd do is maybe bring your novels to school, and if you finish your work, then you can work on your novels. I know that it's tough. Lots of homework...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot everyone! I will try to do this! Also, I'll think about the digirecorder or a notebook computer. That seems like something that might help me a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home