Sunday, November 7, 2010

Procrastination

Here, I am, procrastination.You are way too addicting. Waaaaaay too addicting.

I mean, I really should be working on NaNo. I'm just about 4,000 words behind. But instead, I am doing random blogging stuff that doesn't do me, or anyone, any good (or do anyone anything at all).

Plus, I've sort of hit a blank in my writing. I was furiously typing, typing, typing, typing... until I looked up and thought, WTF? Where am I going? This makes zero sense. And where did this come from?

To put it shortly, what I've wrote is total and complete crap. Most of it, at least. I try not to edit in between writing, but sometimes, the inner me takes over.... *grins sheepishly*.... and turns out what I wrote is the most random words ever strung together by a 13-year-old girl.

But then I realize that NaNoWriMo isn't about writing picture-perfect, cookie-cutter sort of stories. (It also isn't about writing crap). NaNo is all about writing, and just being motivated to scrawl down some words whether they end up erased or published or just stay sitting there.

So I am off, friends, to continue my attempt at 50,000 words in just 23 more days.

*PS: I have decided that everyone who enters/has entered my giveaway will win a prize (a complete makeover). 

11 comments:

  1. Go, Kiki! I'm sure you can make it to 50,000! I sometimes worry about the crap I find myself writing, too; but word-vomit or not, at least it's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Writing is just...writing!

    Oh, and I would enter, but I already ordered a makeover...*giggles maniaclly*

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kiki, just keep writing and as long as you are inspired and motivated to write, it will be amazing! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm entering the NaNo too! so far 2,567 words yeah i need to get some more down before the middle of the week! don't worry NaNo is about writing just write what comes. the forums help too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, me too! Except I'm even more behind then you are. But I know what you mean.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the attitude!! Go for it!

    Mine is very rambling too. In fact I keep hitting brick walls because I've rambled so long I have no idea where I'm going anymore so I just put in time lapses. When I skip some time it is sort of like starting fresh and I'm able to get back on a roll again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep on writing Kiki!Your brill at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not tooooo late to enter the 50 followers giveaway, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack. Delete that comment :P My cousin typed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In reply to your comment: I totally know what you mean about the stupid ideas... but nanowrimo isn't necessarily designed for books that will be published, although some people's novels are good enough to do that, It's mainly just a writing exercise and a fun thing to do! ;)

    Oh, and I totally know what you mean about the music!!! I went with out it for the first week then when I got to week two I thought I'd try it, and now I can't live with out Britt Nicole's album 'the lost get found' playing in my ears, that's the only *good* CD we have, okay, the only one I like ;) but I love it, so everything is cool!!

    Happy writing,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  11. In reply to your comment: I totally know what you mean about the stupid ideas... but nanowrimo isn't necessarily designed for books that will be published, although some people's novels are good enough to do that, It's mainly just a writing exercise and a fun thing to do! ;)

    Oh, and I totally know what you mean about the music!!! I went with out it for the first week then when I got to week two I thought I'd try it, and now I can't live with out Britt Nicole's album 'the lost get found' playing in my ears, that's the only *good* CD we have, okay, the only one I like ;) but I love it, so everything is cool!!

    Happy writing,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home