Hello, friends. I'd like a little advice.
You see, I'm not sure whether or not to delete this blog. I love it, but lately I haven't had much to post about. Or I have, but posting just hasn't been coming to me. Or I'm forcing myself to type out something, just to post. That's not what I wanted when I started blogging.
Then there's the issue of 'way too much time spent online.' Most of the time I spend online is on blogger, surfing other people's blogs and such. And for some reason, I feel that no longer posting on a personal blog with help alleviate that problem.
I literally spend hours each day online, leaving little time for writing, taking photos, graphic design, spending time with family, or even reading novels. Let alone reading the Bible deeply and without just skimming over everything 'just to read some of the Bible today.' What happened to my New Year's resolutions? What happened to just life?
I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I hadn't set up a blog I then called 'Kikidee202's Diary' in February of 2009. Certainly much different from my current life. I would probably not spend so much time on the computer. I would have little knowledge of HTML. I wouldn't give a second thought to graphic design or ever dream that I could own Adobe Photoshop before that age of, like, 35. Taking pictures would not have been as important to me (even though I loved photography back then too!).
It's no use reminiscing, and I'm glad I blogged for these two years. Although utterly addicting and often time-wasting, Blogger has taught me a lot. I have friends from other cities and countries. I have broader horizons. But now, I'm wondering if I should continue blogging.
But then comes a little, teeny-tiny problem lurking in a dusty corner. One of the main things I love (loved?) about a personal blog is that I can share my photographs and get some responses. Sure, there's Flickr, but that doesn't seem quite the same.
So I've been thinking, instead of deleting this blog, about turning it into a photography/gratitude journal blog where I post photos every so often, say once a week. Of things that I'm thankful for. Or just anything in general. And any other posts if I want to.
So what should I do? Delete this blog? Keep it as-is? Change to a more pure photography blog? I'm sort of lost about what to do. If you don't want to comment, please at least vote in the sidebar poll.
PS: No matter what I choose to do with this blog, I will still keep posting at my newly renamed graphic design blog, Simply Kimi Designs. Even if I choose not to delete this blog, that one will most likely be my main blog, so if you don't already, it would be awesome to go over and follow. *wink wink*
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








what ever you decide to do, it must come from you.
ReplyDeletexox
You had a lot of fun blogging and making new friends, but sometimes you grow out of these things. I wouldn't delete it though. If you don't want to post in it anymore just make it private so you can look back over it if you want, since it is a lot like a journal. There are a lot of memories you'd be losing if you deleted it.
ReplyDeleteYou could take a break and come back to it or you could turn it into a photography blog. If you want to spend less time online I do like the idea of the photography blog. Good luck deciding.
If you want to send photos, it's ok for me. Actually you can keep it like this and when you want; write or when you want; send photograps.
ReplyDeleteYou could keep this blog to post when you want. I think that would be the best thing to do. No post is a good post if it doesn't come from the heart.
ReplyDeleteDon't delete the blog though-you'll regret it. Keep it private if you really don't want to type on it anymore. It's your choice, and I'll be wishing you the best of luck either way. You'll always be 'Kiki', and you'll always be my friend!
Please don't delete! I love this and I like the resposes better on here than Flickr also.I'm going to 1 time a week too, I just need to work on priorities.
ReplyDelete