Friday, July 23, 2010

V.I.P. (very important post)

I have several things I need to cover in the post:

-About the blog title: I have come up with another idea: Blissful Thinking. If I had to choose between the current ideas I have, I would be tied 40 percent to 40 percent Blissful Thinking and Pursuit of Writing, 10 percent Unsensical Pursuits of Sensible Things, and 10 percent another title. So if I made a circle graph of which choices I like most, those would be the percentages. So what do you guys think of the new idea for a blog title? I'm still not thrilled with it, but it's a start. I'm hoping to have a new title by my blogoversary (see below). (edit: I am now not so sure about Blissful Thinking. I Googled it and about 5 website came up that were called Blissful Thinking. I'd like something more original, and "Pursuit of Writing" doesn't thrill me the way a good title should. So back to the drawing board for me.)

-Coming up in approximately 26 days is my One Year Blogoversary! Do you have any ideas for how to celebrate? I'm thinking of doing a contest, maybe a tag, and a post to sum up the year.

-In other news.... I saw a beautiful American Goldfinch in my garden today. First it was up on my Indian Berry (Amalanchier) tree, then is flittered down branch by branch, then onto the fence, then onto the sunflower. It stayed there for maybe 20 minutes, then went on my black eyes susans- probably my favorite flower. At least my mom told me so, since I had to go for a walk with my crazy dog after seeing the little guy go on the sunflower.

-About my crazy dog: He can now do a 'down!' Of course not on a verbal cue (just like the word 'sit' means nothing to him, so does 'down.'), but before I had to pull his legs a little then push his shoulders down while holding a treat in the other hand. Now all I do is have him sit, then put the treat down in front of him and he's lying down! Jackpot! Also, he had another one of his 'panic' attacks today. He went upstairs with my brother and when he came back down... he went insane. He jumped over the baby gate, ran all over the house, and started chewing on my undies.

5 comments:

  1. I like Blissful Thinking :) I'm been sort of toying with renaming my blog (currently Pastor's Girl's Ponderings)...coming up with a name is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH kiki! On your undies???? ...POOR undies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like blissful thinking too :)
    coming up with a good name is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, my six year old chihuahua just ate a pair of my sister's undies (they really shouldn't have been in the hall) about an hour ago! I couldn't live without her though. It's so awesome that you finally got a dog XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home