Sometimes, the moments right here right now just don't content me.
I mean, there are places to see, people to meet, photos to take and careers to contemplate. And so much more!
There is a world out there, and it is waiting for me!
It is days like these that make me wish for the future in 5, 10, 15 years. Going to college. Having a job. Being an author, a teacher, a mayor of a small town, a vet tech, a dog trainer, a diner owner, a photographer, or maybe even something else. Getting married. And one day, hopefully, having kids.
I have all these dreams, all these ideas, that cannot be fulfilled in the cream colored suburban house with a tiny backyard in a city named for onions. I'm sure many girls wish to live where I live. But I wish to live somewhere else. Somewhere rural.
That's why I love road trips oh so much. Seeing all these houses and imagining the lives of the people who do call them home. Imagining myself in their place. Wild dreams. Hopeful dreams.
Even déjà vu sort of dreams, like driving through small towns and feeling as though you have been here before and as if you will one day be back.
That's exactly how I felt driving through a particularly charming town in rural New York state. The countryside outside of the town was so pleasant, and then I felt oddly as though I've been there before.
Maybe even as though I'd be there again someday.
Who knows? I just might.
(Note: these pictures have zero to do with said town. I stupidly did not take any photos there...)
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Amazing Pictures!!! Kiki your photography is remarkable!!
ReplyDeleteI feel the exact same way.I feel so trapped where I'm at and how my family is so broke/broken.Fantastic pictures, just fantastic.:)
ReplyDeleteThose are fantastic pictures!
ReplyDeleteI think you'll do just fine at NaNo. Last year was my first time and I finished just in time. I wrote approx. 50,200 words in just fourteen days because I completely forgot about it until halfway through November lol. You can do it. It was a lot of fun last year. :)
Your pictures are great. And I definitely know what you mean about the small town thing. I live way out in the middle of nowhere, and I love it here. There is only 1 other house on our road besides ours - well, in Pennsylvania, at least. We live on the PA/WV border and there is just 1 other family on the PA side of our dirt & gravel road. Plus 15 acres of trees - I love it! I hope you get to live in a place that you love so much someday! :)
ReplyDeleteI am saving up for a D5000 and was excited to see that you are using a D3000. Your pictures are really good. :) Where did you get your camera from?
(Oh - & I'm 1/2 Polish! And, my dad's nickname is Kiki!) :)
Haley: Thanks! I bought my camera refurbished from adorama.com and I got an amazign deal. I spent around 480 dollars and got the camera, basic lens, extra battery, and a bag. If I had bought it all new, it would have cost me around 200 more.
ReplyDeleteAnd- have you ever been to Poland?
Thanks, Kiki!
ReplyDeleteNope, I've never been to Poland, and I don't speak Polish, either. Though it would be cool to learn!
What is it like there? Do you have any pictures on your blog from trips there?
Haley: Unfortunately, no. The last time I went to Poland was three years ago, when I didn't have this blog. I wasn't into photography much back then either. However I may go to Poland this next summer. If I do, I will have LOTS of photos to share :)
ReplyDeleteWow, I feel like that all the time. I live in a not-so-good neighborhood that I can't even ride my bike through without being worried (not that there are druggies everywhere, a lot of it has nice people, but it's not to go without worry)! I'm going camping tomorrow which I MUST TAKE PHOTOS of.
ReplyDelete