Monday, September 13, 2010

The Mosque at Ground Zero

THAT mosque? The one that's not even a mosque, but a community center? The one that's not even at Ground Zero, but several blocks away?

Oh, right. That mosque.

I am confused beyond words as to why this project has met even the slightest opposition. So it's a community center.... with prayer space for Muslims, Jews and Christians! Not just a mosque. A community center with, you know, pools and basketball courts and a library and a trampoline. Plus some prayer space. One built by Muslims, but, let's face it, the average Muslim is just not a crazed murderous Al Qaeda suicide terrorist!

And then there's the issue with distance. So, the community center (with prayer space for several major religions, not JUST Muslims) will be a couple blocks away from Ground Zero. Certainly not AT Ground Zero. That, everyone would have a problem with. So what's the issue? You can't possibly be telling me that 3,000 (regrettably) dead people would mind if a community center (with prayer spaces for several major religions, not JUST Muslims) was built several blocks from where they perished? How is that marring their memory or being a dishonor to America or any other wishy-washy nonsense people have come up with?

Victory shrine, my *ahem*! The people building this community center have nothing to celebrate about 9/11. Plenty of Muslims (other than the crazed murderous Al Qaeda terrorists!) were murdered that day nine years ago!

I am particularly (but not quite) stunned at the statements the Anti-Defamation League issued. They said while they have every right to build the 'mosque' that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do! Then the leader of the ADL wrote another statement because some (sensible, sane) people said that this first statement was bigotry. The leader listed numerous ways the ADL helped Muslims... blah, blah, blah! This second statement was titled, guess what, "The Mosque at Ground Zero."

This didn't come as too big of a surprise to me. The ADL claims to be acting against all bigotry, but all they care about is anti-Semitism. Their whole website is all about Jewish and this-or-other relations. There is other bigotry than anti-Semitism! Lord, even Jewish people defame others!

Anyway (I went off on a little rant there), back to the topic- the 'mosque.'

Both the Christian president Obama and the Jewish mayor of NYC Michael Bloomberg fully support the building of this mosque. Of course, Sarah Palin opposes the 'Ground Zero Mosque,' but I won't waste my time on her.

To be quite honest, I see no problem whatsoever with the building of this 'Ground Zero Mosque.' How do you feel about this issue?

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I really have no idea what you're talking about but I spotted the A word in there. I'm all about details... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex- so what I'm talking about is that a Muslim leader wants to build a community center two blocks away from Ground Zero, or where 9/11 happened. So basically some people think its going to be a 'victory shrine' to celebrate 9/11 or that it's just wrong to have a Islamic center so close to Ground Zero since Muslims were the ones who planned and carried out 9/11. Does that explain it?

    And about the A word- sometimes I just need to vent. I'll change it to something more appropriate for this blog :)

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... I THINK I understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IMO I think they should build it. It's a community center and it's blocks down from Ground Zero--blocks can be pretty big. They say it's in the "shadow" of Ground Zero, but there doesn't happen to BE anything on that site. If the Freedom Tower was up this wouldn't even be an issue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home