Friday, October 8, 2010

Abortion

"A women went to her gynecologist and said, 'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 yr. old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be ok with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution. The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same! "

That story, one I read in my church's bulletin, sums up my view on abortion. I really loved it, and I wanted to share it with you. I copied and pasted it from here.
 
I don't support the killing of children, even if they are not yet born. Babies in a mother's womb are alive, and abortion is murder. I could never truthfully say, "Abortion is ok." It's just plain not. What are your views on abortion, and why?
 
{I understand that some people may not share my view, but let's respect each other's decisions, please.}

20 comments:

  1. The point was dead on. If you were going to kill the one that wasn't born, it's the same as killing someone that is already alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has been so much arguing on this topic and I strongly belive that abortion is not right. Whether a baby is a fetus or born, it is a child- a human being. I have seen so many cases on this, arguing about the idea that a fetus is not an actual human being therefore may be killed. I thing that is absurd. A fetus, is a child that will be born... so you would be killing a child if there was to be an abortion. The story kind of sums it all up. A fetus will one day be just like me or you. How would you feel if your mother decided that she wanted to terminate her pregnancy- you wouldn't exist. Whether it be at 3 months or 2 weeks - you are killing a child. Just my opinion. So Kiki i agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard that before so I really appreciated reading it. This story is a very blunt way of stating a point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree. Murder is murder, whether the child is born yet or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. That is a very good way of stating that it isn't right to kill unborn babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pro-choice. I don't think it's right for people to scramble the brains of their child when it can feel (which it can't the first few months... or weeks, I can't remember) what's happening. Otherwise, I don't see a problem with it. What if you were raped and you had to have a child? What if you were 16 and couldn't take care of it?

    I'm pro-choice all the way, and I know you aren't, but I don't like it when people force their opinions on other people. I think mothers should have the choice, and they shouldn't be screamed at about it forever afterwords.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you post my comment, because this gives a lot of people a chance to be heard... even if it isn't by the entire world. By the way, you've been tagged by me!

    http://iseagullbeach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke: adopting out the baby after a woman gives birth is always an option for those who don't want to take care of the child. Also, I don't think abortion should happen anytime even when the baby can't feel yet. To me it's a bit like animal cruelty because you are picking on something/someone who doesn't have their own voice to say 'no, don't do this, I want to live.' And some women after abortion (even if they were the ones who wanted the abortion) have depression or suicidal thoughts.

    I really appreciated reading your comment! And thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice new background!

    -Alex
    www.aspiringjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, that's true Kiki, but I also think that some women are scared. Giving birth can kill you if all goes wrong, and I think some people fear that adoption is like abandoning their child (though I don't).

    There are a lot of reasons women do it... and sometimes we have to talk to the people (or be the person) to know their reasons. I just think we should leave it up to the person. But I respect your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Alex!

    And, one more thing Brooke: I don't think that there could ever be any valid reason for murder (the only exception I can think of is assasinating someone like Hitler). It is killing someone who doesn't deserve it, and has no say. Someone who deserves to live. Also, nowadays, in the countries that offer abortion, the chance of dieing during childbirth is really very small. And although adoption could be 'abandoning' a child, abortion is killing it, so if people kill their child to avoid having to abandon it...

    Thanks for the comments. I really like these kinds of comment-conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been getting quite discouraged with the recent posts. But yours is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand, but if you think of it, that child wouldn't have been born in the first place if the person didn't want to have a child, so really the child wouldn't have a life either way. And also, mothers go through a lot of pain when they give child birth. There are a lot of young, pregnant mothers out there who aren't ready for that kind of pain... girls my age even. Girls younger than me. Some who WILL die giving birth because their bodies aren't capable for it yet. It's really sad.

    I don't think I would ever have an abortion... and I don't really think it's a good idea for grown women to have one, but for young girls, I see why they would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's SO true Kiki. Abortion is something I feel very strongly about - i think it's very wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I noticed your blog doesn't have a name...how about...

    1. The Thoughts and Musings of Kiki

    2. Kiki's Thoughts

    3. Kiki's Musings

    4. Kiki's Ramblings

    Just suggestions! :-)

    Oh, and by the way, your blog is really nice! I just came across is, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Abortion is wrong. It's taking the life of an unborn child because the child is "inconvenient" or "unwanted." While using the convenient lie of "It's not alive yet." But then if a child dies in the womb, could it truly die? The logic is the flawed yet those who get an abortion choose not to believe it.

    Sorry for my rant--loved the story!
    --Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the comments everyone! To niliwolf: I actually think I have finally thought of a new blog name. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, they're all opinions. I don't think it's wrong in many situations. I don't see it as killing in many situations either. I think that the mothers should have the option-not the people who don't know her story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can definetly imagine the feeling of a child who may belive they are a "mistake" or "unwanted", and I belive no child should ever feel that way. I strongly believe in giving kids love and attention...no matter what the situation is. That's where adoption comes in. If a woman is at risk of death in childbirth there are C-sections (if possible in a given situation). If not, then that woman has a personal choice to make...personal where she herself should decide what is best for her and the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great, I'm glad you thought of a blog name. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home