Remember the cat I blogged about yesterday?
This cat? The one I fed some chicken?
Today at 4 o'clock, I went outside like I had the day before to take a walk. I was home by 4:25, ready to feed the cat when it passed my house on his daily journey. I waited for nearly an hour and a half, keeping time on my camera. I waited, with my hot dog and bread and leftover chicken soup. I waited, for nothing.
The cat didn't come. I started getting worried at around 4:40. Shouldn't the cat be here yet? I kept thinking. I tried to keep up hope, but finally, I knew the cat wouldn't be coming. I knew it when I took in all the people around me, going out the door in the house on the other side of the block, driving home for dinner, biking to a friend's house. I knew, and then I felt this sense of utter disappointment. I don't think I'd realized that I had become quite so attached to this street cat who probably thinks nothing of me.
Maybe he came by my house earlier in the day. Maybe he's stopped coming by for good. No, I don't think he's dead. He couldn't be. I could swear that, as I went for a walk near the cat man's house, I think I saw my tabby cat playing with another lighter, orange kitty. I don't even know whether that cat was the one who I fed yesterday- his eyes looked too dark, but the sun had already set so I couldn't be sure. I felt so disappointed when the cat didn't come by. Nonetheless, I'm determined to try again tomorrow. I even left the bread outside, where I'd left the chicken before. Just in case.
P.S. Three days after the opening of my photo contest and still no one has entered? I thought that with 31 followers, at least someone would have entered it in three days time. Is there a problem? Is the theme too hard to find a picture for? Should I outright cancel the stupid contest if no one's going to enter anyways?









I would have entered but my camera broke and I don't get another until September 26th.
ReplyDeleteI would have entered if I had a camera . . . but like Alex I don't have one available.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry Kiki!! I'm going to officially enter at night on Sunday... i think i've found a good picture so check my blog on Sunday!!!
ReplyDeleteMimi- just remember to post a comment on the contest post linking to the post with your photo, and to put the button for the contest on your sidebar. It's just that a contest with one entry isn't really a contest at all.
ReplyDeleteAnd Golden Eagle and Alex- That's fine. Hopefully someone else will enter. If you can, still spread the word about the contest, please.