School just started, and I have been thrown into a whirlwind of stress, endless work, and a tough teacher. If that wasn't bad enough, its seventh grade and a huge science fair project is due in three months! Sorry that I haven't posted but I've been busy researching Ojibway, writing purpose, hypothesis and materials, and thinking of annotations for The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe. Add in working with something that can burn your lungs in science, and you'll have a pretty good idea of my life right now. And did I mention my bus driver who listens to a horrible radio show very loud? But life isn't all bad... today I received a copy of my very first published work: a poem, Bona Fide Black. You see my poem was published in an anthology of poems from kids in Illinois and Indiana. Never mind that some two thousand other poems are included in the book as well.
I guess there's no other way to put it: I've been thrust into reality (and have been dealt a teacher who dresses up as Alice in Wonderland for Halloween. A male teacher, that is...)
What more is there to say? School is school. I have a pizza party tomorrow. (I know, your eyes are boggling out of your head as you're thinking, What! a pizza party in the first week of school!) Yes it’s true. I’m a Wirehead meaning I help out in my computer lab at recesses and we get a pizza party in the beginning of every year as well as points going toward getting a piece of smelly red carpet with a big letter “B” stamped on it. The carpet thing means you’re participating in extra-curricular activities, but it’s nothing more than that: carpet.
Between French classes and Science classes, as well as some much-needed recesses I must say that life is going on very well at the moment. School, I mean. Life has always been great. Just lacking in a dog.
Meanwhile my Internet has been slacking off in the midst of a huge Social Studies speech and I have been somewhat slacking off in the matter of my freelance writing. Since school has started I haven’t managed to squeeze a sentence of my story in, save for a paragraph for a quite dumb scary story that was very quickly scribbled, then put away until the ebony clock ceases its horrendous chiming and I return to dreamlike state of summer.
As I sit writing this wondering when my internet will turn on so I can copy and paste this from Word I think of how I managed to read an hour a day last year of other books. I have just only finished the Thief Lord today, when I started it on Monday. Really horrendous if you ask me, as I wouldn’t of finished it quite so fast if not the fact that Monday was Labor Day and thus free from the prison our society calls school.
It is at times like these that I turn my mind to books I have read and dream of a time-turner like Hermione’s or a dog like Fanny’s(from Harry Potter, and Protecting Marie). At this very moment I wonder when my back will stop aching and my legs will cease their hurt. I try not to think of the horror that happened today in P.E. (I prefer to call it gym, although Mr. A would have my hide for that). I might as well explain…
I’m sure many of you are familiar with the black fences that surround many American schools? With one horizontal pole on the bottom and one on the very top, plus a bunch of vertical poles? Well a team of six had to stand on this fence and switch spaces with their opposites without touching the ground (i.e. the two people on the edges must switch, etc.) This consisted of some rather awkward movements that made people appear, shall I say, on top of each other? Not too comfortable. I have noticed that my writing has exceeded a page on Word, so I’ll say bye for now.
Thanks for reading.
I guess there's no other way to put it: I've been thrust into reality (and have been dealt a teacher who dresses up as Alice in Wonderland for Halloween. A male teacher, that is...)
What more is there to say? School is school. I have a pizza party tomorrow. (I know, your eyes are boggling out of your head as you're thinking, What! a pizza party in the first week of school!) Yes it’s true. I’m a Wirehead meaning I help out in my computer lab at recesses and we get a pizza party in the beginning of every year as well as points going toward getting a piece of smelly red carpet with a big letter “B” stamped on it. The carpet thing means you’re participating in extra-curricular activities, but it’s nothing more than that: carpet.
Between French classes and Science classes, as well as some much-needed recesses I must say that life is going on very well at the moment. School, I mean. Life has always been great. Just lacking in a dog.
Meanwhile my Internet has been slacking off in the midst of a huge Social Studies speech and I have been somewhat slacking off in the matter of my freelance writing. Since school has started I haven’t managed to squeeze a sentence of my story in, save for a paragraph for a quite dumb scary story that was very quickly scribbled, then put away until the ebony clock ceases its horrendous chiming and I return to dreamlike state of summer.
As I sit writing this wondering when my internet will turn on so I can copy and paste this from Word I think of how I managed to read an hour a day last year of other books. I have just only finished the Thief Lord today, when I started it on Monday. Really horrendous if you ask me, as I wouldn’t of finished it quite so fast if not the fact that Monday was Labor Day and thus free from the prison our society calls school.
It is at times like these that I turn my mind to books I have read and dream of a time-turner like Hermione’s or a dog like Fanny’s(from Harry Potter, and Protecting Marie). At this very moment I wonder when my back will stop aching and my legs will cease their hurt. I try not to think of the horror that happened today in P.E. (I prefer to call it gym, although Mr. A would have my hide for that). I might as well explain…
I’m sure many of you are familiar with the black fences that surround many American schools? With one horizontal pole on the bottom and one on the very top, plus a bunch of vertical poles? Well a team of six had to stand on this fence and switch spaces with their opposites without touching the ground (i.e. the two people on the edges must switch, etc.) This consisted of some rather awkward movements that made people appear, shall I say, on top of each other? Not too comfortable. I have noticed that my writing has exceeded a page on Word, so I’ll say bye for now.
Thanks for reading.









0 musings:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.