Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Science Fair is ALMOST Over!

Key word: almost. In exactly 24 hours, I will be free of a burden that has been tagging along since about April of last school year (or April 2009). Science fair! Tomorrow is the big day: all the boards and long reports are ready in the gym, and tomorrow every single seventh grader will sit by his board for 2 hours, awaiting the judging of every single one of the three judges. Then each kid must stand up, greet the judge, offer him/her his/her seat (you've got an advantage over people when you are above them), and answer any and all questions the judge asks to the best of your ability. Repeat three times with very, very long intervals in between. Add in a good book to read while you are waiting for all three judgings.
*ahem* Onto other, more pleasing subjects....
It is December, in Chicago, and usually there is a thick, frozen layer of icy, slushy, snowy mush by now. Or actually not. Well, at least it's not 50 degrees! It's supposed to snow this week, though, so I am happy.
How is it, that throughout the day I was so full of ideas for a post, and now my head is empty? Grump. I'll be back later...
PS- my project is "Maple Syrup Crystals," where I tested whether temperature affects the speed of growth and the length of crystals grown with pure maple syrup.
And one person, not from my class, fed his mice Mountain Dew to see whether caffiene affected the intelligence and speed of a mouse. It did, and make them smarter and faster.... because they went hyper after it, I wouldn't suppose....


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home