The infamous sign in the Nazi death camp in south-eastern Poland, Auschwitz, reading 'Arbeit macht frei" or work sets you free was stolen in the early morning a few weeks ago-Friday, December 18. Police automatically suspected neo-Nazis, or peopl who wish to revive Nazism.
Before next Monday, the sign was recovered. It had been cut into three pieces. Five men were detained in northern Poland.
My family and I wonder, if the robbers were seeking to falsely convince the world that Poland is responsible for the creation of the death camps and the murders of millions of people- as has happened before, in numerous articles and speeches.
This event has inspired a novel idea better than any other. I might care to share sometime later.
It will start in the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp, either during or just after the war. In order to write this scene/chapter, I'll have to wait until next summer, when I'll visit Poland and most likely the camp. I want to be able to describe the camp EXACTLY as it is.









0 musings:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.