Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry A-few-days-ago-was-Christmas!

Sorry that I haven't posted anything for a while, and I forgot to say Merry Christmas. Here are my best Christmas-y/winter/holiday photos that I've taken:

 My mother's birthday cake. I made it from cookies and candy we had lying around the house.


This is a singing Santa doorhanger that we have had for years and years. Whenever you move past his nose he breaks out into a 'hohoho' and begins to sing a random holiday song...



A teddy bear that lights up and changes color, my mom got it as a gift a while back



Our basketball hoop right after it snowed

A light on our front porch railing, peeking out of the snow


 My mother's present from me- the dog essay. 52 pages long when done! I also made that gift tag (I love making cards and tags like that)


An adorable Santa ornament on our tree... not the best picture, but still nice right?

The bench in my backayrd, completely covered in snow.

Every Christmas Eve, my family has a traditional Polish Wigilia, or Christmas Eve dinner. We put some hay beneath the tablecloth to symbolize Jesus's birth in the barn (I'm not sure if that's how you say "stajenka" in English).

It is also Polish tradition to offer each other opłatek, or the wafers above, and wish each other good luck in the new year. Then each person breaks off a piece of the other person's opłatek and eats it. (I arranged the ones on the plate above)

These are my mother's hands, holding her cup of coffee one morning.

The tippy-top of my family's Christmas tree before it was decorated. We bought one late this year, so ours was short and a different variety than normal- with much gentler needles but weaker branches.

It is also our tradition to place a szopka, or nativity scene, below the Christmas tree. There is a fourth piece too, a hand holding baby Jesus.

Not holiday-eee. My brother in his jammies drinking my dad's tea in the kitchen.

What did you all get? I didn't know what to ask for other than a dog, so I got:

  • a cozy warm black jacket from Aeropostale

  • pajamas (I have a shortage of them)

  • hair stuff

  • a gift card to Aeropostale

  • a gift card to Half-Price Books and Records

  • money (from my parents, erm, Santa, my uncle Stasiu, my aunt Lodzia and my uncle Roman)

  • an adorable calendar with puppies and kittens (from my aunt and uncle and cousin)

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great Christmas!!!

    I hope that you have an amazing 2010! (Maybe this year will include a dog for you... :D)

    Love & Blessings,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pics you took! It shows how nice your christmas was! and christmas eve!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment- I love them! Just make sure you remember common courtesy, don't swear or use text messaging language, and don't advertise your blog or other's. It is fine to leave a link to your blog in a signature.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home